The lovely GC of Radioventriloquist awarded me my first blogger award. So I’m passing it on!
Fi at Shoegal
Erin at Work with what you’ve got
Lauren at A Typical Atypical
Fia at The Laundry Narrative
Corey at Conversations via Computer
Amber at Forever Amber
Natalie at Out of Fashion
Cassidy at A la Fat Girl
Ten Honest Things About Me
1. I struggle horribly with my weight. It’s a real issue for me, one with a long history and one to which all my insecurities eventually link back. This blog is one way in which I attempt to keep my negative self-image under control.
2. Linking to the above, I photograph incredibly well. Anyone who knows me in person knows I do not look as good in day-to-day life. Which is worrying. I do not have brilliant cheekbones like in my pictures, I have several chins and I slouch.
3. My hair is now finally back to its natural colour. After a few years of both highlighting and/or darkening it.
4. I write as therapy. If I’m at the end of my tether I just have to get it all on paper to ease the pressure slightly. Often I read my thoughts back and cringe, but every now and then I read them back and feel proud.
5. I am an absolutely useless flirt. I don’t know how to do it and I never have. And I didn’t know this until I suddenly became single again.
6. I cry at everything. Films, TV, books, songs, adverts, soaps, overheard conversations, people I see meeting other people off trains… everything. And I cry as much from happiness as I do from sadness. Tears just seem to be an ever-ready part of my make up!
7. Sometimes I am afraid of the dark too, GC!
8. Sometimes I enjoy drinking alone. A glass of wine in front of a favourite TV show or film while I paint my toenails red is one of my favourite nights in.
9. I love Strictly Come Dancing. The sequins, the hips, the elegance, all of it. I WISH I could dance properly. And while it’s on, if I’m home alone, I have been known to put on a frock and heels and spin around the living room. I’ve been known to do the same with The King and I. And also to pirouette across the kitchen floor in my stockinged feet while waiting for the kettle to boil… Golly – that may be too much honesty!