Lately I’ve been wondering. Quite a lot, actually. And last night I thought perhaps, if I wondered on here, someone might be able to offer some answers. So without further ado:
- Why does bread go mouldy? I want my bread to go stale so that I can make useful breadcrumbs or (more likely!) warming, indulgent bread and butter pudding. But instead it goes white speckly and green spotty. Where am I going wrong?
- Is there a chilli plant out there I can grow on my windowsill without giving my kitchen the appearance of Sleeping Beauty’s castle? In English: do all chilli plants grow to five feet tall, or have I just been growing the wrong kind?
- Is being permanently tired just part of adult life? I can’t remember being anything but tired since I “grew up” and started working the treadmill. Does it ever get better or will I just get gradually more exhausted every year until I retire?
- Without attending cooking school and/or watching Masterchef how does one learn how to prepare an artichoke or spatchcock a poussin?
- Are clams really happy? And are people called Larry happy too? If so, why don’t more parents name their children Larry?
Answers on a postcard please – along with any ponderings of your own you’d like answering!