Stash sewing

I’ve been trying to free up a bit of space in my wee flat over recent weeks, and as such have been tackling a lot of “stash sewing”.

It all began when we broke Dapper’s teapot. I decided a new teapot needed a new, less tatty and stained cosy – and pulled out some felted wool and tartan binding accordingly. Once I’d realised the effectiveness of multi-layered felt against heat the rest seemed obvious…

At the recent sew make believe book swap I had borrowed Zoë‘s Zakka Sewing book, purely because I loved the squirrel tea cosy. Having traced the pattern, I couldn’t resist using it for a pot holder.

I had also traced some flower-shaped templates for making felt coasters, one of which I blew up for another pot holder, edged with some leftover floral ribbon…

And my thick, space-filling felt stash has diminished! Mission accomplished!

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s